Palmas Verdes’ homes are carefully crafted to be interrelated in character, design and treatment. Thus, a unity in design is achieved contributing to a good special mix and neighborly atmosphere.
The houses at Palmas Verdes are built using advanced and time-tested methods to ensure that you get a strong and well-protected shelter for you and your family.
Houses are built using a monolithic construction method utilizing steel-reinforced solid concrete or buhos (no hollow blocks). The main advantage of having the walls and floor slabs monolithic is that it makes the entire structure unified thus, strengthening it against flexure and the effect of earthquakes. It is also termite-proof, fire-proof and bullet-proof.
- Structural system: buhos (no hollow blocks)
- Walls: 5″ thick cast in place shear walls at 3000 pounds per square inch with 2-way reinforcing steel bars for perimeter walls as well as selected interior wall panels
- Flooring: continuous cast in place floor slabs on ground and second floors with two way reinforcing steel bars
- Foundation: continuous wall footings monolithic to floor slabs and walls
- Roofing: steel roof trusses and rafters resting on shear walls